blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maroon 5 at Little Brothers 3.12.2003
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:46 am 
Jet Jaguar

I was totally blown away by the show last night. Much harder rocking than I was expecting. I was expecting a wuss-rock pop gig and got a rock&roll show! The songs sound better live without the studio gloss. Segueing from one song right into the next for much of the set. I was lucky enough to see them in the CD101 Big Room playing acoustic a couple of months ago and that plus the gig last nite has made me a diehard fan. Does anyone have a recording of the entire bigroom performance? I go to tons of concerts of all genres (last nites was my 6th concert in 12 days and I'm headed back down there for the Dirty Dozen tonite, unless I go to the Newport for SnoCore with Sparta. (ED NOTE: I wrote most of this for a post on the Maroon 5 board right after the gig. Actually, I ditched my comp tix for SnoCore and stayed home and worked tonite...lame). Anyway, Maroon 5 was one of the best concerts of any artist I've seen in a long time - and I've seen a bunch! Fast paced, short and to the point. So fast paced, in fact, that you get the impression they're used to playing to semi-empty houses and want to get to the next song to avoid that deadly silence (or some asshole like me clapping really loud and slow while the rest of the club remains silent :twisted:) They covered 'Closer' by NIN and 'Highway To Hell' by AC/DC, as well as playing most of their album and one new tune. There was a taper and I hope to have a copy of the show soon if anyone is curious about what they missed or want's to relive the show. I had them sign the Kara's Flowers CD booklet after the show and they seemed kinda sheepish about it and said I was really old school. Geez guys, it wasn't THAT long ago! Making me feel old and shit :wink: I get the impression that they want to hide their tie and suit days and embrace the knit-cap, baggy-jeans-showing-your-underwear thing that all the kids like so much. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:35 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Wow, I never would have guessed this show would have been that good.

I've never heard Maroon 5. THe only thing I know of them is that Magnolia Thunderpussy had about 50 free CDs of theirs for the longest time.

I think they're blowing back through town soon, opening for Matchbox 20/Sugar Ray.

rob