blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: teenage fanclub, mr. smalls
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:19 pm 
Godzilla

nice drive to pitts, weather cleared up some and then got dumb again - but a trip without precipitation is destined to end badly so we took it. pulled in front of the converted church (evidently there's a skatepark there somewehere as well) a little after 7:30; show slated fer 8. no probs parking or finding the place (bless the tomtom's little pointed head).

radar bros on by 8:15, proceeded to take th' dullest moments in mid-90s yo la tengo and challenge them to a snooze-fight. radar bros won, but not our hearts. highly not recommended. at one point the singer was whistling (roughly the third song to feature that feature) and it was overly obvious that he wasn't actually whistling - it was the keyboard player. six feet from him. ouch.

norman blake now looks like my dad tho' he might have more sweaters in his closet but pay no mind the fanclub is as crucial as ever. first few songs - pulled from new lp - sounded strangely catholic education-esque this particular eve. beaut. they didn't touch thirteen, unfortunately, but killed about you and sparky's dream off grand prix as well as starsign and the concept off bandwagonesque. also great to hear can't feel my soul and encore-closer everything flows (natch). raymond took all the solos and sorta stole th' nite. home to col's by 2am. PERFECT (except th' coffeemugs were about $4 overpriced).

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

Post subject: Re: teenage fanclub, mr. smalls
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:14 am 
Snarf

Haven't seen Fanclub since their Newport show with Afghan Whigs back in the Bandwagonesque days. Would really like to see them play again one of these days.