[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Robert Pollard at Canal Street Tavern Friday July 9

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Robert Pollard at Canal Street Tavern Friday July 9
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:40 pm 
Godzilla

It's about time they didn't do Heedfest on the same weekend as Comfest (now that Comfest has been cancelled, right?).

Robert Pollard
Friday July 9th
Canal Street Tavern
performing Moses on a Snail in it's entirety

with opening acts:

The Teenage FBI (Nashville)
-playing Bee Thousand in it's entirety
and
The Buffalo Spiders (Buffalo)
-playing Circus Devils tunes you know and love

THIS SHOW IS FREE TO ANYONE ATTENDING HEEDFEST.
That's right, tell Bob thanks when you see him, because the show is included with your Heedfest admission.

We will put up the PayPal link for registration and payment later today.
(The entry fee will go up slightly this year, to $60. This is because we have arranged for a bus to take everyone from the hotels to downtown on Friday night)

Here's how tickets will work:
If you register and pay for Heedfest by June 1st, you're in.
If you don't want to attend Heedfest, there may or may not be tickets available AFTER June 1st. Mick (who owns and runs Canal Street) has agreed to give us the whole club if we need it. So if Heedfest attendees fill up the club, we fill up the club. If not, he will sell the remaining tickets.

Post subject: Re: Robert Pollard at Canal Street Tavern Friday July 9
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:02 pm 
Snarf

I played the GBV cover benefit for the cat shelter a couple of years ago at Southgate House. Pollard and his gang were in the crowd. I butchered parts on 2 songs, told a joke while tuning that no one found funny, and felt like garbage. He found us after the show and could not have been nicer. Ohio!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:07 pm 
Snarf

I will be there. A hop, skip, and a fuckin jump from my crib. Do the same assholes still run that shithole?

Also, hey, will fuckin Shrug be playing the day before, or after Pollard? I can never get sick of those assholes and their shitty music...

Uncle_Bob

Last edited by Uncle_Bob on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:12 pm 
Godzilla

Aw, man. I like Mick Montgomery. He's still there. Maybe you're referring to some of the surly bartenders. First place I ever played, so, I'm kind of fond of it. It'll be neat to see Bob, there.

$60 gets you:
Friday-
Bus to and from canal street
The show

Saturday-
Bus to and from the polish club
All the beer you can drink
All the food you can eat
Open bar
The heedonists and textbook committee

Sounds like total debauchery. Be careful.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:23 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:04 pm 
Jet Jaguar

doesnt all the the beer you can drink generally come standard with an open bar?

I might try to do this, since I thoroughly enjoy drinking and GBV. Whats the rest of Heedfest looking like?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:30 pm 
Godzilla

Well, when you're dealing with some of the Pollard fans on a weekend they plan all year...I think that means not just an endless supply of beer, you freaking lushes, there's booze, too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:39 am 
King Ghidorah

Columbus would be lucky to have a place as accommodating and enjoyable as Canal St. Tavern.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:58 pm 
Godzilla

Agreed. I hear the p.a. is kind of blown these days, which is a bummer, if it's true. Looks like 90+ already paid. Hope the sidestage room is big enough for Bob & company. Things could get tight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:24 pm 
Godzilla

It gets better:

http://www.spin.com/articles/exclusive- ... -rose-film

The premier is July 9th in LA, but we will be showing it to the first 125 people that singed up for Heedfest during a private screening at Neon Movies in Dayton. Friday July 9th 3-5 PM.

For those on that list (which will be sent in the next few days), the screening is free and transportation will be provided.

Wow. I'm a total Bob geek, now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:37 pm 
King Ghidorah

For some reason Bob and Pete seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:34 am 
Godzilla

"Rose, he knows he's such a credit to the game, but, the Yankees grab the headlines every time."

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:49 am 
Godzilla

I love this sh#$. Bob said he wanted a record that looked like you could get it at a truckstop for $2.99 or that is sold on tv.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:06 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:31 am 
Snarf

Hey there,

I would very much like to attend Heedfest this year. How do I register? Is there a link to paypal anywhere? I have never been to Dayton before, but I've been a GBV/UB fan for the past 8 years or so.

thanks for any info you can provide!

tim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:56 pm 
Godzilla

Sure. Go here and register: http://ragebox.com/dts/

You'll find everything you need to know and you'll be able to pay for your ticket through paypal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 pm 
Snarf

thefiercelime wrote: Sure. Go here and register: http://ragebox.com/dts/

The club may be open, but I still don't see a link to any paypal or info...?

Uncle_Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:48 pm 
Godzilla

I was afraid of that. That's because they post 80 million times a day on all things Bob. Go to "Quadroheedia" and then go to "The Place to Pay" at the top of that Forum. If for some reason they are sold out, now, I know a guy on Strong Lions who is trying to get rid of one.

Cheers!

edit*** they are sold out for the Canal Street Tavern show but you can still get tickets for Heedfest.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:11 am 
Snarf

hey, i've tried to PM you multiple times, but the messages seem to be stuck in the outbox. i just send a message to your band's myspace with my email address. could you try and write back? thanks!