blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Finn Brothers Reunite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:50 am 
King Ghidorah

Here's good news for all you Neil/Tim/Split Enz/ Crowded House fans out there. I personally think their first collaboration is a minor gem and should be sought out by anyone who's remotely liked anything these guys have done. Come to think of it they might be one of the only brother acts I like, unless I forgetting somebody. Well here's the news blurb from Billboard.com:

Neil Finn, fresh off a month-long North American tour in support of his Nettwerk album "One All," will begin recording with brother and former Split Enz/Crowded House cohort Tim Finn later this year.

"Tim and I are about to disappear into a cave to conjure up a whole bunch more songs," Neil wrote on the well-connected fan site frenz.com. "We should be recording by June I think. I promise that next time with Tim we will cover other areas of your fine countries with a longer tour."

The album would be the second release for the brothers after 1995's "Finn" album.
-- Jason MacNeil, Toronto

This blurb brought to you by....Seth

Post subject: Re: The Finn Brothers Reunite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:28 am 
Jet Jaguar

Ooh, this makes me VERY happy! My Split Enz/Crowded House CDs do not ever collect dust.

minimott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:32 pm 
King Ghidorah

Quote:
My Split Enz/Crowded House CDs do not ever collect dust.

Hell yeah, mine neither. And just aesthetically speaking don't these two just sound great together?

Seth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:00 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Frisby wrote:
Quote:
My Split Enz/Crowded House CDs do not ever collect dust.

Hell yeah, mine neither. And just aesthetically speaking don't these two just sound great together?

Seth

Yes, they DO sound great together. Neil Finn's voice sometimes makes me weak in the knees. Sigh.

minimott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Yes, they DO sound great together. Neil Finn's voice sometimes makes me weak in the knees. Sigh.

Being weak in the knees is a good thing right? Swooning happens. On another note I need to get the DVD he put out of 7 worlds collide, because the cd of the concert is so damn good, and frankly that many great musicians in one place must be fun to watch.

Seth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:50 pm 
Snarf

I think Neil's two solo albums are actually better than the Crowded House records.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:36 am 
King Ghidorah

Quote:
I think Neil's two solo albums are actually better than the Crowded House records.

Interesting...I think you might be half right. I think his two solo discs are indeed stronger and have a much better sound than the first two Crowded House albums, both of which suffer from some dodgy late eighties production. The second two Crowded House, particularly Woodface, sound great and benefit from a snappy collection of songs, and in Woodface's case the band's augmented by the company of Tim Finn. And if we're going to split hairs here I'd venture and say that Neil's first, Try Whisteling This, is the more adventurous and robust of his two. But remember opinions are nothing more than opinions.

Seth