[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - The Flaming Lips "Dark Side of the Moon"

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Flaming Lips "Dark Side of the Moon"
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

they team up with Stardeath and White Dwarfs. The cd is out now!They will be performing this NYE in Oklahoma City. Its pretty rad. Us and them, Time/Breath are my favorites after 1 listen.

Post subject: Re: The Flaming Lips "Dark Side of the Moon"
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:33 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

i really want to hear this

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:16 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

heard it

mostly a novelty

1 or 2 good covers

forgettable by 2010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:47 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:25 pm 
Snarf

Does anyone remember that Flaming Lips (CTM era) show at Stache's where the Lips opened with GBV's 'Motor Away' and Bob himself came onstage to sing the vocals? Or was I dreaming?

Uncle_Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:12 pm 
Godzilla

bob - that show happened, tho i didn't go cuz i didn't wanna sully the memory of the INCREDIBLE show they played at newport the year before. duh on my part but it's not like that's something you regret. bob also got onstage with railroad jerk and sang "why don't we do it in the road," if yer collecting that kind of anecdotal shit.

listening to this finally.
now THESE are the sounds i wish were on all f.lips recs - the bass in particular. and the roomy drums (but not in the same way they have done so often) are soo good. the less these songs have to do with pink floyd the better, it seems, as those areas are where they just seem to be playing cool shit together (first third or so, fer ref.). who knows if it's them or the other bands…i haven't read and don't care. money is pretty stupid, but making a stupid song not at all stupid is probably, like, hard. and unnecessary in a case like this. now that i'm to us & them i really wish they had just made more of this up like they did with breathe. or just made a record of their own that i like. ha.

if anyone wants something that retains the nature and weird magic of the orig but allows you to actually hear these overplayed deals again, get dub side of the moon, no joke. luther wrong's rebuild the wall works in a similar fashion.

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 pm 
King Ghidorah

dub side of the moon is amazing shit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:01 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:24 pm 
Mechagodzilla

The only time that I saw that Flaming Lips at Stache's (I not sure what year it was, but it was when that "She Don't Used Jelly" song came out) anyway I would put that in my top 5 all-time shows at Stache's. Maybe the acid had something to do with it but that was an amazing show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 pm 
Snarf

I thought the show they did with Beck was great too. It was pretty laid back for them, but I dug.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:25 pm 
Godzilla

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.