[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - 7/11/09 Here Comes Your Weekend Parking Lot Blowout 4!

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 7/11/09 Here Comes Your Weekend Parking Lot Blowout 4!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:58 am 
Godzilla

By the way, lots of people will miss Jill Harrison. She is a great bass player and an amazing person...cheers.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:25 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Eve (Bird and Flower) doing a song with Moviola

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:06 pm 
Mechagodzilla

" I wanna know, who'll stop the rain"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:16 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:27 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

apacolypso said f you to this rain. started the rock on time. tons of tent space. fear not. mother nature is being beaten back by the underlords of rock and roll. she'll be smiling on this lot in half an hour.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:42 pm 
Godzilla

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:35 am 
Godzilla

thank you everybody. more thanks later. but really, i cannot believe how amazing this city was. CMC 1. THUNDERSTORMS 0!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:25 pm 
Godzilla

i'm superfucking glad to hear it went off well.
when i woke up yesterday and heard the storms my first thought was "oh shit, this is gonna suck for the PLBO."
so congrats!!!

did anyone buy me a mug?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:08 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

man, this really was killer. people fucking STEPPED UP. I mean everyone- bands, volunteers, attendees. Central City slayed with the sound, tons of other sponsor loot. everyone was so rad. this was a great line-up, and a fun as hell day.

Really the only disappointment is that it seems this event has yet to spawn any craigs list missed connections. I really think the CMC would like to add 'help you get laid' to their promo material.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:58 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:08 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

with packing and family obligations i wasnt able to make it this year....

the weekend hangover is over, people - give me review, breakdowns, photos, videos, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:38 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:14 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:56 pm 
King Ghidorah

here are a of wussy for your viewing pleasure.

moviola vids soon...

after that, my shootin' gave way to my drinkin'.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:52 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Mission accomplished.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mis/1267607704.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:58 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:01 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:49 pm 
Jet Jaguar

For those of you that couldn't make it Saturday here are some clips. A great party as always.

There weren't a whole lot of options for placing a camera and I am way to lazy to stand in the front and actually hold the camera. They did a nice job with the sound, there was no lighting, so drink a couple and imagine a little.

It takes a lot of skill to find a spot that puts the Christmas lights right in front of the lead singers face. Nothing like downloading 6 hours of video to your computer and saying "ah fuck."

I have CDs of most of the sets so they should find their way into peoples hands. I couldn't stay for the last band so hopefully somebody caught a little.

If you want to watch full screen or embed video on your band's site, go to

Apocalypso:

Total Foxx:

The American Jobs:

Winter Makes Sailors

Chuck and Lisa from Wussy:

Rosehips:

Deerhead:

Moviola:

Guinea Worms:

Cheater Slicks:

Enjoy,

Sperry

Last edited by orlosperry on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:04 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Nice work/post, Sperry. thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:32 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:36 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:24 am 
King Ghidorah

Apocalypso doing DEVO = My new favorite band. <devonerd alert>Also, one of the few bands that cover that song and get chorus right. Most bands sing "Freedom of Choice is what you got, Freedom of Choice is what you want", which ruins the whole message of the lyrics. "Freedom FROM Choice, is what you want." <end/devonerd alert>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:26 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next