[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Diplo ~ Skully's ~ Friday April 17th

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Diplo ~ Skully's ~ Friday April 17th
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:50 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I'm only selling 40 more presale tickets before I have to start charging the full price of $20. I guess selling too many presale tickets is a good thing right? As long as I break even, it's all good with me. I'm now at that point.

If you can't get them now, make arrangements with me, and I will hold some for you. You can get them at Magnolia's right beside Skully's, Milk Bar right down the street, or on showclix.com

Sorry for those that already bought their tickets. No more ticket harrassments, I promise. See everyone there!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:21 pm 
Jet Jaguar

4 days left!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:21 am 
Snarf

...tentative set start times for the show?

what time is diplo going on?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:35 am 
Jet Jaguar

last day for presales
i'll leave the online site going tomorrow @ full price for any out of towners that want to guarantee entry when they arrive
... but otherwise, last day, including stores

lineup is
outside stage
9-10 dave espionage
10-11 cashola

inside stage
9-11 ddpesh
11-12 adulture
12-close diplo

Thank you Alive, Other Paper, and The Dispatch for the big write ups!!!

Gonna be insane!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 pm 
Mechagodzilla

http://www.donewaiting.com/2009/04/17/d ... s-tonight/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:59 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:48 am 
Snarf

major disappointment.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:37 am 
Mechagodzilla

i had a blast.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:34 pm 
Snarf

sucked
didnt pay 20 to go to a dubstep/grime show.
nothing made me want to dance. Music wasnt fun at all it was fucking tough guy im a fucking dj music.
Cool for the 15 djs there, shitty for the rest of people who wanted to have fun, thats it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:16 pm 
Mechagodzilla

why was the crowd going apeshit & demanding encores?

i mean a packed room dancing is a good sign of fun.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:36 pm 
King Ghidorah

Yeah, it was pretty incredible. As far as I could see everyone was having a blast. And he didn't seem to mind that everyone was going "girl talk" on him. The guy is an artist.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:44 pm 
Snarf

i don't doubt that folks had fun. i just wasn't one of them. waiting in-line for 30 minutes while a number of people cut in front of you in line wasn't a good start. buncha rude folks out last night. when we got in i wanted to enjoy the music and be a part of the experience but a number of douchebags in the crowd made it impossible. when we retired to the balcony and became observers and hence douchebag watchers it was a let down.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:50 pm 
Jet Jaguar

lol
i can't believe anyone didn't enjoy that!
the line cutting didn't happen though, but all big shows have lines during peak hrs.
looks like only 99.8% of everyone enjoyed the show :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:05 pm 
Godzilla

there is no such thing as lines

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:06 am 
King Ghidorah

Good show. Set was somewhatta boring, but fuck, Diplo can do some things really really well on that board. I know people were pissed at the sound guy for not letting Diplo play "ONE MORE SONG," but it was like 2:20....and I know that the heat he would have gotten from Skully would have been much more than the heat he got from the crowd.

The scattered guys doing the crotch-grab dance at the front of the raised stage was one of the highlights. Right hand bouncing over the railing, left on the groin.....classy and erotic at the same time. Some Asian kids started doing the grab near the end, and my friend (who is Asian, just to make this safe......no he's not Asian) leaned over and said "wait, what the hell are they grabbing at? There's nothing there! It's just empty space!"

Also, there was another Asian kid up in the DJ booth next to me who pretty much just stood there, stone still, just watching the whole night unfold. Whoever he is....we share the same aversion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:20 pm 
Jet Jaguar

support One.Five.Nine

check out that link, event photos are on his front page

thank you One.Five.Nine for the great photos
looking for more out there!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:09 am 
King Ghidorah

Our review (along with our Throbbing Gristle review): http://www.agitreader.com/news/throbbin ... _live.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:09 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:08 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 am 
Mechagodzilla

http://www.donewaiting.com/2009/04/24/d ... us-review/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:18 pm 
Snarf

good write up. the hipster shelter would've helped me as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:55 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:40 am 
Mechagodzilla

robert

i just listened yeabig/kid static rapping over matt & kim.

i am almost certain diplo's encore song was a matt & kim song.
so maybe he took your request too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:04 pm 
Snarf

it was my girl, by animal collective.

haha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:35 am 
Mechagodzilla