[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - She's the Dutchess, He's the Duke

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: She's the Dutchess, He's the Duke
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:46 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Anyone enjoying this The Dutchess and the Duke album? I really really am. Its acoustic but it rocks, its got balls. Recommended by the cheese.

Destroying intellectual freedom is always evil, but only religion makes doing evil feel quite so good. - P. Pullman

Post subject: Re: She's the Dutchess, He's the Duke
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:40 pm 
Godzilla

i kinda saw them live the other nite, the first couple songs weren't doing it for me, and it was late, so i left..

i haven't heard he album tho..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:36 pm 
King Ghidorah

I just heard them over her:
http://ravensingstheblues.blogspot.com/ ... -duke.html

Reservoir Blues is pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:55 pm 
Mechagodzilla

POOR MAN'$ RTFO BANDWAGON :!:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm 
King Ghidorah

I don't want your millions, mister.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:51 pm 
Jet Jaguar

not into it. I liked the first single (which also had Reservoir Park) but the LP is striking me as mostly filler. Listened twice. Bored. BAD ART on the sleeve, so I don't even have anything to look at to cut the boredom.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:45 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Boring and trite. Pass.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:52 pm 
Mechagodzilla

huh

well shit, I dig it!

Destroying intellectual freedom is always evil, but only religion makes doing evil feel quite so good. - P. Pullman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:38 pm 
Mechagodzilla

That's cool, a lot of others like it too...

I want to like it, but nothing by them has grabbed me yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:54 pm 
Mechagodzilla

just released a new single on Hozac.

HZR-020 DUTCHESS and the DUKE - 'Never Had A Chance' b/w 'Scorpio' 7"
If you've ever been seriously in love with the magical '65-66 era of the Rolling Stones songbook, and wished someone would take it upon themselves to capture that scintillating and raw sound for the contemporary stage, the Dutchess and the Duke are prime for your new favorite band slot. Jesse from Fe Fi Fo Fums, along with Kimberly of numerous Seattle bands (Rat Fancy, Flying Dutchmen, Unnatural Helpers, etc) have come into your life with a sound that's as irresistible as the originals that inspired them. This single contains two exclusive cuts not on the debut LP, and first 150 Gold editions come with alternate 'Half-tone Z Face' sleeve design.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:01 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/r ... s-the-duke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:44 am 
Mechagodzilla

So I found a cheap sealed vinyl copy of this the other day and decided to give it a real chance.

I gotta say, I'm into it. At least it's growing on me. A nice Autumn record, at least.

Recommended to fans of the '67ish Stones acoustic stuff, Freewheeling Dylan, Phil Ochs, ISB.

Oh, and the sleeve art isn't bad at all. It works for what they're doing.

How's the HoZac single?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:37 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:40 pm 
Godzilla

hell, with or without the "g" it's that very line that made me think "hmmn, maybe i DO need to hear this."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:07 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:31 pm 
Mechagodzilla

The gold edition, I assume? Man, you sleep a few weeks on these and you miss out forever.

Did HoZac stop doing represses? I know they've done a couple records a few times...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:40 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:58 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Woah, I have a feeling there might be another gold edition up for sale an ebay very soon...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:11 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Ha!

Yeah, I got gold's of the Catatonic Youth/Lover/Smith Westerns ones...

But I'm fine with just the regulars. Meant to grab the new batch but haven't had much in the paypal lately. I'll find them.

Now what I DO want to make sure I get is a gold Grave Blanket HoZac. That's in the next batch, right?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:18 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Yep, he said he got the records this week and should get the covers next week, so I'd be watching out! I hope the band gets a gold one. I guess I should've asked that...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:23 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I'm pretty sure represses are only done if the band oks them, but some bands wanted to put out LPs or whatever with the same songs...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:24 am 
Jet Jaguar

Yeah, the only one we don't have is Spider, because they weren't repressing it so they could put the songs on an LP... That one goes for a lot on ebay too

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:46 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I am officially obsessed with this LP.

I feel like such a jerk for denying this group's greatness. One of the ten best albums of the year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:24 am 
Mechagodzilla