[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Ted Leo @ the Village Underground

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ted Leo @ the Village Underground
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:40 pm 
King Ghidorah

I will be trying to see Ted Leo tonight at the Village Underground. it's a pretty cool place, in the Village, and it happens to be underground. where do they come up with these names?

I believe Ted Leo was on Conan last night. he will be famous. (i hope.) as he should be.

I will report on the show in Bridges & Tunnels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:51 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Ted Leo is going through a media blitz right now. I've never heard his stuff so I'll be curious to read about the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:03 pm 
King Ghidorah

he lives about ten minutes from me, in Bloomfield. i was surprised to find that out, because, since i first heard his music, i thought he should be a star.

he played not too long ago at the Bloomfield Ave Cafe with our friends in Fairmont. there were maybe 15 people there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:22 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Ted Leo seems like a cool guy -- a friend of mine has an old about boxing with Mr. Leo (complete with pictures!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:46 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:53 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:01 am 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:39 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Alright, I got a copy of the new record, Hearts of Oak.

So far so good. I could end up being in love with it by the end of day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:03 pm 
King Ghidorah

i am willing to bet that you will be in love with it, as i am.
my favorite tracks are:
"I'm a Ghost"
"The High Party"
"The Ballad of the Sin Eater"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:17 pm 
Godzilla

AHHHHHHHHH

I'm so in love with this CD.
I love it, I love it, I love it!

The second song (I don't have the tracklisting) is by far my favorite.

I can only describe this CD in this way "It's as if Ken Gould were the lead singer for Harvey Danger."

Beautiful. Simply. Spectacular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:48 pm 
King Ghidorah

oh! "where have all the rude boys gone." that's a great song. they played it live when i saw them. and it was cool, cause he said it was about the record store, "Let it Rock" in Montclair, which is an important place to some of us, growing up in that area. i bet Rob can attest to that.

i'm glad you like it so much. you'll have to get Tyranny of Distance, then. earlier i said that it was their first CD, but that was a mistake. i think it's their first on Lookout Records. but they put something out on Gern Blandsten before that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:29 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:56 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:19 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:48 pm 
Godzilla

I just found a great review of "Hearts of Oak" on-line.

In "The High Party," Ted talks about the aftermath of September 11th. I was listening to this song really closely, and I thought I kept hearing him say something about "on that birthday." And I was like, what? I thought the song was about September 11th, so when he said birthday, I was immediately listening closer because 9/11 is my birthday.

Turns out it's Ted Leo's birthday too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:19 pm 
King Ghidorah

funny and cool coincidence.

it's a small world, Toto.
(i've had the pleasure of saying that already three times today.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:53 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:32 am 
Godzilla

interview on pitchfork today (i know, i know):

http://pitchforkmedia.com/interviews/l/leo_ted-03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:15 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: