[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - What music is everyone listening to these days?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: What music is everyone listening to these days?
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:13 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:52 pm 
Godzilla

i love it whenever Kill The Hippies songs come on..

something i could never play for coworkers unless they were snuck in there in small doses..

man that Erectospective's got like 70 songs or something

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:59 am 
Godzilla

i have hoped and prayed for this very album to be made since, oh, about 4 episodes into season one. and it doesn't disappoint. remotely.

i have hoped and prayed for a true successor to thirlwell's "steroid maximus" album quilombo since about 1989, and now i hold it in my hands. and it doesn't disappoint. in the slightest.

not even the actual "rebirth" steroid maximus disc (that finally came out 11 years after the original) compares in spirit to this soundtrack. it's almost a crime that jim's using his actual name on it instead of the SM moniker.

the liner-note story about how they'd have never made the venture bros into a cartoon instead of a comic had they not been given a copy of quilombo was worth the price of the cd alone.

and having a 12inch version of that artwork to frame for the kitchen was worth the cost of the vinyl i ordered with it.

far and away my favorite album cover of this decade.

the closest thing i have to a complaint with it is i wanted that badassed rip-off of the doors' "the end" from the assassinanny911 episode. and just a short little burst of that dr. orpheus. that that blasts everytime he appears.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:48 am 
Godzilla

Man, it's not often that I truly covet something, but.... that sounds amazing.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:51 pm 
Mothra

I am finally "getting" The Kinks and loving them after years of trying to figure out their appeal I'm totally hooked and can't explain it other than that if Neil Young is the Godfather of Grunge then the Davies brothers are the Godfathers of Indie Rock.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:30 pm 
Godzilla

glad i was home for lunch when the mailman arrived today.

he dropped off the 4 new bardo pond (and offshoot) LPs from important records and 2 red red meat CD's. Listened to 1 side of the bardo LP at home and now i'm listening to RRM's jimmywine majestic disc. all very nice so far.

Warren Ellis: I have a soft spot for it. It's the compost bin at the end of my garden. And there's plenty of room in there for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:00 pm 
Godzilla

top selling artists of the 2000's:

1. Eminem (31,127,000)
2. Beatles (27,591,000)
3. Tim McGraw (24,295,000)
4. Toby Keith (24,189,000)
5. Britney Spears (22,937,000)
6. Kenny Chesney (21,396,000)
7. Nelly (21,206,000)
8. Linkin Park (21,125,000)
9. Creed (20,398,000)
10. Jay-Z (19,379,000)
11. Nickelback (19,158,000)
12. Josh Groban (19,115,000)
13. Rascal Flatts (18,831,000)
14. Metallica (18,490,000)
15. Alan Jackson (18,479,000)
16. *NSYNC (18,402,000)
17. Dixie Chicks (18,293,000)
18. Johnny Cash (17,860,000)
19. Kid Rock (17,606,000)
20. Celine Dion (17,579,000)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:23 am 
Mothra

Listening to Sonic Youth- The Eternal and The Zombies- Odessey and Oracle
Two very good pairings

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:24 am 
Snarf

man... when i really wanna get my rocks off, i load a non-audio file into Cool Edit Pro, pitchshift it down like 2.5 octaves, bend it in odd areas without listening to it and then play it full blast.

that, or:

"Cocaine Death" by Prurient
"Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill" by Grouper
"White 1" by Sunn O)))
"Untitled" ("Live in Europe" 7") by Napalm Death
"Songs of Love and Hate" by Godflesh
"Dissolution III (Live on WNYU 9-17-02)" by Earth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:33 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

vorkriegsphase lp
die kreuzen- 1st lp
russia bombs finland lp
liberate lp
totalitar/ disclose lp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:02 am 
King Ghidorah

Jill I luv you. You're a girl right?

Cos you're either, by far, the wittiest poster on here (if you're a chick) or you're just some random dude lost in the throng of hyperbolic males.

Give me what I want to hear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:58 pm 
Godzilla

The Mob. The Crass records affiliated Mob, not the NYHC Mob.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:01 pm 
Snarf

Well, I'm not sure how to answer this beside that I'm listening to a lot of pop like the Modest mouse types stuff (not just the popular songs). Listening to some foreign music like Sigur Ros. Alternative music like my favorite local artist Adrina Thorpe. And I'm trying to move into some classical music :boohoo: but that is going to be some getting used to.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:45 pm 
Godzilla

future of the left-travels with myself and another

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 pm 
Jet Jaguar

bringin' it back...

john the wolfking of LA phillips.
curtis superfly mayfield.
a-frames...
beefheart - safe as milk
glaxo babies - put me on the guest list

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:05 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:45 am 
Godzilla

Got a couple a~frames cd's here at work..Thanks for a good suggestion for the rest of the morning! Here we go..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:57 am 
Jet Jaguar

a frames cdrs seem to be the one thing that never, ever leaves the car rotation. Surveillance is probably stuck in my head for eternity. Right now I'm listening to Peter Laughner - Take the Guitar Player for a Ride. It's pretty perfect right now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:42 pm 
Snarf

Right this second, this:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:26 pm 
Jet Jaguar

This week has been almost exclusively Dow Jones & the Industrials or the Gizmos OR BOTH...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:23 pm 
Godzilla

Just too soft out on my snowy bike ride to work at 8 am this morning, so for some reason went straight to this:
Reaction from coworkers= mixed..

I woulda liked it louder..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:11 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:01 am 
Jet Jaguar

lots of guinea worms. too many hits.

and, suburban lawns.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next