[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - What music is everyone listening to these days?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: What music is everyone listening to these days?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:21 am 
Mechagodzilla

Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears - "tell em what your name is"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:32 am 
Godzilla

our beloved revolutionary sweetheart.

man, i'd forgotten just how much i love this album.

any earlier in CVB's career and it's a little too goofy, any later and it's just polished quirkypop.

but this album, upon rediscovery, shows me the direct line to why i fell so deeply in love with firewater the first time i heard them . . .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:37 am 
Godzilla

also:

if there's gonna be a better summer single for windows-down-drivin'-on-sunny-days than "land of the freak" somebody better get to writin' it . . .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:02 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:15 pm 
Godzilla

Land of the freek rules as does Torture. Stoked to see them at the Wex.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:29 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I listened to three Buckethead records in a row last night. I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:46 am 
Mothra

thee oh sees - help
dirty projectors - rise above/bitte orca
gbv - king shit and the golden boys
jarvis - further complications
rtfo bandwagon - dums will survive

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:25 pm 
Godzilla

The new 2 disc reissue of Bunny Gets Paid finally gave me enough motivation to check out Red Red Meat. If you like Califone and need a fix before their next album comes out definitely check out this album.

Warren Ellis: I have a soft spot for it. It's the compost bin at the end of my garden. And there's plenty of room in there for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:46 pm 
Godzilla

boc-tyranny and mutation

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:39 pm 
Godzilla

obits-i blame you

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:04 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:00 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:00 pm 
Godzilla

i listened to the obits on you people's rec's..i started to like it even tho the sound is for shit for a rnr record..why would they overcompress rock music?

about halfway thru it i ralized that i was listening to crap..

thanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:02 pm 
Godzilla

this is good..a bit youthful, ambitious and playful in parts..a couple of real good ones..it grows on me each listen..

Grace/Wasteland

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:47 am 
Godzilla

I've really gotten into The Elysian Fields' Queen of the Meadow album. You may recognize the voice of Jennifer Charles from Lovage and Firewater, but to me her voice is liquid sex with a chaser. yum. Kind of mellow, so it took me a minute to get into it, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

http://www.last.fm/music/Elysian+Fields

EDIT:
here's the album:
http://www.last.fm/music/Elysian+Fields ... The+Meadow

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

Last edited by unpossibles on Thu May 07, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:51 am 
Godzilla

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:01 am 
Jet Jaguar

Timmy's Organism 2x7" first thing this morning. lovelovelove Timmy Vulgar. This is my favorite purchase in weeks. Well, it was a gift. Then, T Rex - The Slider. possibly favorite record of all time.

Mr. Grave got that insane SPK box set on Vinyl on Demand, and it's so pretty I'm scared to even touch the innards. I guarantee if I pick up that box, somehow my feet will slip out from under me, the box will fly into the air, bounce off the desk, the latch will break, everything inside will hit the floor and shatter into a million painstakingly prepared pieces. Yeah. I'm not touching it.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:47 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:40 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:45 am 
Godzilla

Recorded live at the Second Fret club in Philadelphia and from live radio appearances, on various dates from 1966-68. Source information on boot artwork was checked against data on http://jonimitchell.com/chronology/ She did actually appear at the Second Fret on the dates given.

CD 1:

1 Brandy Eyes
2 Urge for Going
3 Mr. Blue
4 Eastern Rain
5 Circle Game
6 Night in the City
7 Morning in Morgan Town
8 Born to Take the Highway
9 Song to a Seagull
10 Carnival in Kennorra
11 Winter Lady
12 Just Like Me
13 Both Sides Now
14 Eastern Rain
15 Blue on Blue
16 Sugar Mountain
17 Sweet Joni, performed by Neil Young, March 11, 1973, Bakersfield, Calif.

CD 2:

1 Night in the City
2 Come to the Sunshine
3 Chelsea Morning
4 Conversation
5 King in a Tenement Castle
6 She's Too Busy Being Free
7 Little Green
8 Marcy
9 London Bridge
10 Things Go Better
11 Michael From Mountains
12 Go Tell the Drummer Man
13 I Don't Know Where I Stand
14 Both Sides Now
15 Sisotow Bell Lane
16 The Galley
17 Nathan La Franeer

The sets are interesting because on the early ones Joni is obviously nervous and she talks a LOT; she also plays a bunch of stuff that she wrote but never recorded. If the DL links above don't work, try the ones

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:47 am 
Mothra

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:57 pm 
Godzilla

so bored with regular rotation at work (even tho it's really varied and far-reaching, mostly) so i started listening to all the music in my laptop sorted alphabetically by song title.

18.5 gigs, 10 days, 21 hrs, 57 mins, 58 seconds..

helpful in many ways, one of which is deleting some crap i never want to hear again.

another is hearing the songs in a new context is sometimes stimulating..

so far noone in the shop has tried to kill me..but we're only in the middle of the 'b' section..

ended today with bitches brew..it was perfect for a full moon friday..

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:58 pm 
Godzilla

i really like the peter doherty record even tho it's mostly recyvled earlier shite..

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:06 am 
King Ghidorah

this show is ok, shitty soundboard quality.
Not as awesome as the show they did in columbus a few years ago on st. paddy's day. Fuck, the copy of that I have sounds about as good.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:27 pm 
Godzilla

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next