[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - LeBron's last hurrah???

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: LeBron's last hurrah???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:37 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:16 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:55 pm 
Godzilla

Lebron's in a wedding (Carmelo's) in Greenwich this weekend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:17 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

is anyone even gonna be happy if he stays at this point?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:14 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I CAN'T FEEL A DRIP ON THE STRIP :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 pm 
Godzilla

just put young, loud and snotty on the turntable and cracked an 18 pack. im mourning cleveland style

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:30 pm 
King Ghidorah

Going to the Heat. What an asshole.

Kobe has become the lord's hand of judgment. Fuck LeBron.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:33 pm 
King Ghidorah

My fellow Bostonian:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/100708

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:33 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Well now that all the money is in 3 players, does anyone want to play for the Heat for free?

Hopefully it rains in Cleveland, cause there is gonna be some fires set tonight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:13 pm 
Godzilla

Quitness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:32 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 pm 
Godzilla

Cops have the giant billboard surrounded. http://tweetphoto.com/31574881

It'd be awesome if they overran the cops and burned that shit down.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:25 pm 
Mechagodzilla

infomercial = classless.

other than that, happy trails lebron. i don't blame you one bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 pm 
Godzilla

Cavs owner Dan Gilbert not pleased

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbe ... 00708.html

Greatest line: "Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:19 am 
Godzilla

I agree with Justin, although I didn't watch the special. I was reading but the internets told me it was classless.

So what exactly did Lebron owe the city of Cleveland? It's his fault the city sucks?

Dan Gilbert? Are you kidding me? Talk about lack of class. Good luck getting a free agent now, jerkwagon.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:45 am 
Godzilla

I don't think he owed the city of Cleveland anything but I think he owed the Cavs something.

The least of which is not doing an hour long special on ESPN to fuel your narcissism and to kick them to the curb on national TV. I agree with Justin that the entire thing was classless.

They made all the moves over the past few years that LeBron wanted them to make, and in the end, he didn't lead the team. Basketball is a team game.

Now he is looking to go to Miami and buy a ring and avoid the heavy lifting that comes from being the #1 guy on the team. He is the #2 guy on Wade's team. We'll see how it goes with 3 guys who all want the ball all of the time. And see how their roster fills out with players willing to play at the league minimum.

I didn't watch the special, but I heard snippets on the radio. I don't know anyone who had a higher view of LeBron after the special than they did before the special.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:52 am 
Mechagodzilla

Lebron owes Cleveland that boston series.

I can't say I blame him for leaving, if i were him i would've done the same thing, except I'd have gone to Chicago.

i think he pretty much cemented his legacy last night though.

he'll never even be close to mike and kobe.

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:55 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:01 am 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

I really wanted to hear him announce he was going to play for NY, specifically THEEE HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS.

PS- I guess this means that he won't be trying out for the Browns but instead that enormous dago run Dolphins.

I love Gilbert's response. Cool dude. Only Death is real.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:06 am 
Godzilla

he left the team no cap space and no draft picks, due to decisions he signed off on

he made a promise to win a ring and failed ( and this year his uninspired play in the playoffs contributed greatly to this)

Dan Gilbert cost us free agents, Puh Leez. We couldnt get Bosh here with Lebron, we didnt have far to fall there

he didnt have the decency to make a call to the franchise

he made his decision to become a 3rd banana, in a hour long nationally televised special. He didnt sign up for rings, he signed up to have the pressure taken off his shoulders (which have the "chosen one" tatooed on them)

Dan Gilbert had to energize a deflated fanbase to sell tickets, and as a Clevelander im going to buy some

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:10 am 
Godzilla

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW FUCKING AWSOME THIS IS:
http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-bl ... _of_a.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:23 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:25 am 
Mechagodzilla

also: http://www.sportspickle.com/article:105 ... -of-a-dick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:40 am 
Godzilla

without Lebron committing we were screwed. The moves made were some of the most creative front office moves of the last decade

Pippen came through the draft (from Central Arkansas) its not as if he was surefire addition

The 80's celtics components were mainly drafted as well (we have no picks, we traded them to keep the "King" happy)

Gasol was traded to the lakers by Memphis GM Jerry West (wink, Wink)

Garnett was traded to the celtics by T wolves GM Mchale (wink, Wink)

We made the only moves we could to keep the chosen one happy, and now are left to pick up the pieces. The dude is only 25!!!

Gilbert has rallied the Cleveland fanbase, which was his only hope marketing wise, cuz we are SCREWED roster wise for a couple years to come

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:18 am 
Godzilla

I'm not positive but I think Mchale and Parish were traded for not drafted. Maybe that douchebag Gilbert should take a look at Aurerbach to see how to put together a team.

This notion that Lebron owed the Cavs something is completely ridiculous. No athlete owes a franchise anything other than to play their best which Lebron did except for arguably one game in the playoffs last year. Actually, look at Lebron's numbers in that series and compare them to Bryant's in the finals. The Celts are a good defensive team. Difference is that Kobe isn't surrounded by a bunch of clowns.

Let's not forget how the the Cavs mailed it in the season before Lebron came out so they could draft him. Where were all the cries of loyalty and work ethic then?

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next