[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - LeBron's last hurrah???

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: LeBron's last hurrah???
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:55 pm 
Mechagodzilla

did you hear?

burn his jersey in the streets!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:24 pm 
Mechagodzilla

zydrunas doesn't have his own nike puppet
zydrunas doesn't wear 23
sports radio talking heads haven't been talking about how many titles zydrunas will win (not if) since zydrunas was in high school

you can post all the stats you want, but anybody who watched the cavs-celts and lakers-celts series will (should) tell you that there is no comparing kobe and lebron. kobe refused to let his team lose. that 3rd quarter of i believe game 5 was sick. kobe and pierce were going back and forth making circus shots over double teams and perfect defense. if you don't think that kind of stuff affects the way your teammates play, you're silly. compare that to post game comments like, "i guess maybe i spoiled some people with the way i've played in the past." and going through the first one and 3/4 of a crucial game without taking a shot (and one from the outside at that).

again, i'm not saying i blame him for leaving, but i can see a fan's disappointment. i just want the comparisons to stop.

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:46 pm 
Godzilla

best of luck to Z,

honestly I like to move because a frontcourt of Bosh and a 35 year old Z is a chink in the almighty Heats armor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:35 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:44 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:27 pm 
Mechagodzilla

uh, they did make it to the finals that year.

sorry, saying that type of thing is of no consequence is as i said, silly. it's called leadership and it doesn't show up in the box score.

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:04 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:26 am 
Godzilla

Bennett: I watched the whole series and yes that was amazing. An amazing 3-5minute swing in a 7 game series. Fact of the matter is that Boston shut Kobe down (in Kobe terms) in the finals but Fisher, Gasol, Bynum all stepped up and of course the Lakers fucking won, again. Godammit, they won.

Anyway,

Lebron goes away for a game, who knows why, but certainly the Celtics D played a role and the the team loses by like 50? Bad team dude. Even great players aren't always great.

Justin is right, Lebron has been bank in the playoffs up until and for the most part including this year. But one guy is not going to bring a ring. Oh yeah, Lebron is not Kobe. He passes.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:14 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:10 pm 
Godzilla

yep, good points ( and I do feel Lebron running the point makes sense, and Im pretty sure Byron Scott was about to head in that direction)

CP3 and Williams were acquired via draft, due to Lebron's refusal to commit to more then 3 years we couldnt afford to buy into the draft because we had to win right now (enter the acquiring of Hughes/Moe)

Nash was a free agent and, once again without a comitment from Lebron we were handcuffed as free agents didnt want to sign here without knowing where Lebron would be

tradewise, Lebron made it known who HE wanted to stay and we listened handcuffing us even more (although making a move for someone like Andre Miller would of been nice)

Had Lebron signed a 5/6 year deal on his 2nd deal, things may have looked different

the front office does shoulder the blame for granting him is every wish, but from a buisness standpoint, what else could they do

on a brighter note Hixon and Eyenga looked solid in their summer league debuts

TO THE FUTURE!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:10 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:25 pm 
Godzilla

planning on heading to Great Lakes before the end of the month

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:18 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:17 pm 
Jet Jaguar

So that happened...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:19 pm 
Godzilla

fine bump DK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:37 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Has there ever been a bigger sporting event in the state of Ohio that didn't directly involve a team from the state of Ohio?

So awesome. We are all Nowitznesses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7