[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - String of window-smashing in progress...

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: String of window-smashing in progress...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:41 pm 
King Ghidorah

Heads up to anyone who lives near the first ave/dennison area:

In the last three hours there's been six cars that have been broken into just on first avenue alone. Hit and run scenario. Smash the window and quickly grab whatever's lying around. So take out any shit that's valuable if you have a car in the area.

Or do like I'm doing and sit on your front porch with a bat next to you.

Post subject: Re: String of window-smashing in progress...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:54 pm 
Godzilla

thanks, that's like 2 blocks over.
and my bff is right there. i'll give her a head's up . . .

. . . aluminum t-ball bat in hand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:14 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:54 am 
Godzilla

did tristannus just make a post like a real person?

for real though real talk right now

my neighbors car was broken into the other night and we are all pretty much in the same hood

I AM FOR REAL RIGHT NOW MY CAR HAS BEEN STOLEN TWICE

keep your car fucking spic and span and there is way less of a chance of somebody fucking with your shit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:51 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Man I've had that happen a couple of times in the past, luckily never at the place where I live now. Nothing is worse than that moment when you see your smashed window. I wish I could remember the name of the sketchy glass place I used to use off of South Lockborne to get my window fixed, super cheap and they did a really good job vacuming up the glass. I used Safelite one time, total dicks to me, did a half ass job and went way over their estimate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:42 pm 
Mothra

This happened to my ladyfriend on Christmas Eve this year. They stole her 1st generation ipod nano :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:47 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i had my window(s) smashed at least 5 times and i always went to that place down on south lockbourne. you're not going to find anyplace cheaper.

sometimes they do a better job vaccuuming than others.

after the first time, i started taking everything out of my car.

after the third time, i started leaving my doors unlocked.

after the fourth or fifth time, i just started leaving my windows down.

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:35 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

I filled my car full of concrete in hopes someone tries to smash the windows.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:28 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:39 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

If someone would please come steal my car, I would greatly appreciate you taking it off my hands. Thx.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:25 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I had someone smash in my window with a rock, find a spare key in my glove compartment (my fault there obviously) and then run my car into one of my neighbor's cars and then bolt. It was actually kind of funny.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:20 pm 
Godzilla

The first time this happened to me, they also used a crowbar to pry the speakers out of my dashboard. They broke my windshield in the process. Two windows needed replaced. Also.. the stereo they stole didn't even work.

The second time this happened to me, there was a torrential downpour later that evening. By the time I discovered it, water poured out of the door when I opened it. I had to have all of the interior upholstery replaced. They took about $2 in change and a $20 portable CD player and left me with $500 damage.

The third time this happened to me, they tried to pry off my door handle. When that didn't work, they busted my window. After all that, they didn't even steal anything.