[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Cleveland Browns 2010

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cleveland Browns 2010
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:20 pm 
Godzilla

The Philadelphia Eagles have traded cornerback Sheldon Brown and linebacker Chris Gocong to the Cleveland Browns for linebacker Alex Hall and two draft picks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:37 pm 
Jet Jaguar

pretty psyched to see sheldon brown match up with eric wright. could be a good cornerback tandem there. it'll be interesting to see if brandon mcdonald moves to nickel or if they draft someone to fill in there.

phil savage apparently still really loves alex hall.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:16 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:41 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:30 am 
Jet Jaguar

General manager Tom Heckert said Thursday that the team has talked to the St. Louis Rams about a trade that would get Cleveland the No. 1 overall pick, a selection the Browns would use to take Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:17 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I hear that Holmgren is trying to swing a trade to bring Big Rape into town and is also working to re-signe Donte Killsworth. Rape and Kill, Rape and Kill. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:10 pm 
Godzilla

we would need to throw Marshawn Lynch in there as well

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:44 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:18 am 
Jet Jaguar

you cannot tell me that big rape does not deserve to be imprisoned, or at least suspended for four times as long as shaun rogers. he's a total sleazebucket:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... rger1.html

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... 1ben1.html

When Roethlisberger's posse later relocated to the VIP room of another club, Colon was not happy with the male/female ratio, terming it a "sausage party" because "there were too many males in the VIP room and not enough females."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... llie1.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:41 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

Big Ben has the rapiest haircut too. Undercut in 2010 should be reserved to the worlds biggest Pantera fans. Fuck that asshole. I saw a bunch of Big Ben shirts at the thrift store today.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:40 pm 
Godzilla

The off-duty Pittsburgh police officers with him as his bodyguards are pieces of shit too.

The local cop that the victim initially contacted about the situation resigned on Friday. He supposedly referred to the victim as "that bitch is drunk" or "that fucking bitch is drunk," and told her she was wasting her time filing a police report because Ben has a lot of money.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:38 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:22 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:10 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:37 pm 
King Ghidorah

Here's to hoping you get another star quarterback.

who dey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:13 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:12 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:19 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:37 pm 
Godzilla

Great quote from Chuck, Justin.

Joe Haden in 1st round, not a bad pick for the Brownies. At least they didn't take a 3rd string fullback like the Broncos. Jermaine Gresham was a good pickup for the Bengals.

What skill does it take to do a mock draft?
Of the 11 mock drafts I just looked at from 'experts' (8 from USA Today writers, Mel Kiper Jr, Todd McShay, Peter King @ SI) predicting the Browns pick:

8 Eric Berry picks, 2 Dez Bryant picks, and a Jimmy Clausen pick.
All of them had Jimmy Clausen as a Top 15 pick.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:11 am 
Mechagodzilla

mel kiper jr. is a fucking dope. guy gets on my nerves big time. wish they would do an snl sketch (kinda like wayne's world) of mel kiper in his mom's basement. his track record is tenuous at best.

anyhow, what i meant to get at is how over-rated the whole draft is. what cleveland should've done was trade down like last year and then trade all their picks for players that are proven.

mcnabb went for a second round, holmes for a 5th, boldin for a 3rd and 4th.

people just put way toooo much value into these draft picks, i think you could easily shore up a lot more by trading most of your picks and using the middle/late picks for some meat-and-potato types. course, the fan base would have a shit-fit.

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:33 am 
Jet Jaguar

the problem with trading down this year is that i think most teams viewed this year's draft as particularly "deep." sure, it would've been nice for the browns to trade down from seven, pocket a few extra picks, and grab earl thomas, but i doubt there were many teams dying to get into that seventh slot.

i've got no problems with taking the highest-rated corner in the draft and still having four picks to work with in rounds two and three. let's see what the browns do today before we pass any judgments.

also, mel kiper is nothing more than an oiled-up goofball. these jokers all had clausen rated way too highly. how many bowl games did he lead his team to in four years of starting?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:46 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:18 pm 
Mechagodzilla

"i'm SHOCKED that mom went with the scalloped potatoes here. i still have mashed potatoes and green beans ahead of the scalloped potatoes on my big board. i wouldn't be surprised if she trades out of the dessert round and brings in some mashed potatoes if they're still available."

i love how you can't even look at his mock draft on espn.com unless you're an "insider." give me a break.

i was mainly using cleveland as an example because they had a ton of picks this year. i think way too much stock is put into the draft and in the last few years we've seen great players get traded for next to nothing. if i were a gm, that's what i'd definitely be looking to do. i think the browns could've easily picked up boldin and mcnabb (if reid would've let him be traded to the browns?) and still had a good amount of picks this year (probably even keeping their first rounder).

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:50 am 
Godzilla

Trading up for an injury prone running back doesn't make sense. Hope to be proven wrong on that one.

Like the picks overall, and was glad to see they could fill some needs and still grab Colt McCoy. I hope he can be as good a QB as he was in college. He is a bit short and skinny for the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:38 pm 
Mechagodzilla

hardesty and mccoy are the picks that everyone is talking about, but the browns did an above-average job of shoring up their historically weak defensive backfield.

i think colt mccoy is going to be just fine. with a guru like holmgren and a vet like delhomme to learn the ropes from, colt's got potential to do very well. or he could suck like every other quarterback cleveland's drafted in the last 11 years (see: brady quinn, charlie frye, luke mccown, spergeon wynn, and of course tim couch).

speaking of bad track records, here are the running backs taken by the browns since 1999:
montario hardesty - 2010 2nd round
james davis- 2009 6th round (15 career rushing yards, has yet to prove potential)
jerome harrison - 2006 5th round (1310 career rushing yards, good 2009 season but still unproven)
adimchinobe echemandu - 2004 7th round (110 career yards, out of the league in 5 years)
lee suggs - 2003 4th round (1074 career yards, out of the league in 4 years)
william green - 2002 1st round (2109 career yards, arrested for DUI and marijuana possession, suspended for 9 games, stabbed by his wife, fathered illegitimate child, out of the league in 4 years)
james jackson - 2001 3rd round (1082 career yards, out of the league in 5 years)
travis prentice - 2000 3rd round (525 career yards, out of the league in 3 years)
madre hill - 1999 7th round (0 career yards, out of the league in 4 years)

for shits and giggles, here are some notable players who were still available when these guys were drafted:
1999: donald driver
2000: tom brady
2001: steve smith
2002: ed reed
2003: asante samuel
2004: patrick crayton
2006: marques colston

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next