[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Victim Shoots Suspect After Robbery Outside Wendy’s

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Victim Shoots Suspect After Robbery Outside Wendy’s
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:07 pm 
Godzilla

Awesome.
http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/crime/ar ... dys/25536/

Post subject: Re: Victim Shoots Suspect After Robbery Outside Wendy’s
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:19 pm 
Godzilla

holy shit i totally got lunch there today, saw cops nosing around and crime scene tape and shit

wow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:28 am 
Mechagodzilla

who's a worse person: the mugger who violently threatened and robbed a guy, or the "victim" who shot a guy in the back over a couple bucks?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:34 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:01 am 
Mechagodzilla

well, i'm a better shot: i wouldn't have just winged the guy. don't think i could handle killing a guy over $50. i don't have that kind of moral flexibility.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:04 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:12 am 
Mechagodzilla

back, front, who gives a shit? are you going to pull your piece or not, dirty harry? it's easy to say you would, but until you're in that situation, you can't possibly know what your moral limits are.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:45 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

If he had a gun, why did he hand his wallet over in the first place? Why not pull out the gun instead of the wallet and tell the guy that he won't be mugging him today?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:49 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:51 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:56 am 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:11 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:19 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:29 pm 
Mothra

I work in the new professional buildings behind this Wendy's, the cops came in to take a report becuase my coworker heard the gunshots while retrieving our mail. From Ch. 10
"The shooting occurred Monday morning while Richard Maiden was taking his dog for a walk.
Maiden said a teenager approached him and asked questions about his companion, Vinny.
"He asked me what kind of dog it was and I told him," Maiden said. "And about that time he pulled the gun, put it in my face." Maiden said he handed over his wallet when the robber demanded, but he also pulled out his own gun. "I told him to stop," Maiden said. "He didn't stop, so he pointed the gun at me and I commenced firing." One of the four shots hit the robber in the leg, Maiden said. "When he went down I could have kept shooting," he said. "But I didn't. I wasn't interested in killing him." The wounded teenager took off running, making it about a half-mile to a side yard where he collapsed. A neighbor found him and called police. The neighbor who found Walker in the yard has been charged with tampering with evidence after police say he allegedly helped Walker hide the wallet and gun from police, McEntyre reported."

Everybody's moral code is different. I don't know how I would react in this same situation, I don't carry a gun. I don't see anything unjust with how this went down. 18yr old kid, robbing a 72 year old at gunpoint, in his face, while he's walking his dog in the morning? Like the dude said, he could have kept shooting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:40 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:06 pm 
Mechagodzilla

too many unanswered questions. you can't expect anyone to act rationally in these situations, which is exactly what makes concealed carry laws dangerous.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:47 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:59 pm 
King Ghidorah

if you attempt to rob somebody at gunpoint, and you, in turn, get shot, then fuck you. i have no sympathy. maybe you'll think twice before playing gangster on a 72 year old next time.

fuck you, precious.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:08 pm 
Godzilla

Warren Ellis: I have a soft spot for it. It's the compost bin at the end of my garden. And there's plenty of room in there for it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:47 pm 
Godzilla

I wonder how many of the conservatives who are celebrating this day on other message boards etc, consider themselves Christian?

im having trouble believing Jesus would be pumped about any situation which resulted in anyone getting shot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:45 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:49 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:51 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:04 pm 
Godzilla

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm 
Mechagodzilla