[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Looking for Images / Audio of Columbus Coated Fabrics

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for Images / Audio of Columbus Coated Fabrics
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:47 pm 
King Ghidorah

Hey!

So I'm doing this art faggy sound installation in December called 'The Lost Sounds of Columbus Coated Fabrics" at the OSU urban arts space as part of the "Monuments of Columbus Show".

The Idea is to recreate the sonic landscape of the now leveled Columbus Coated Fabrics. The installation will consist of field recordings and salvaged industrial waste materials suspended among several speakers and microphones, interacting with each other to recreate the sounds of a place that now only exists in the memories and recordings of those who once dared to explore it.

That's where you come in...I'm looking for photographs of the old CCF, not nessicarily to use in the piece but for inspiration. I know there are some people on here who dug that place as much as I did, and I'm hoping someone will cough up some photographs! Also, if you've got any sound recordings from CCF, I would be STOKED to hear them, and possibly use them in the installation. (Of course proper credit would be given for any materials used)

So if you're into this artsy shit, let me know! THE SOUNDS OF INDUSTRIAL WASTE! YEAHHH!!

johnalsobennett@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Looking for Images / Audio of Columbus Coated Fabrics
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:53 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=15858&p=134230

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:04 pm 
Godzilla

Wow. This is gonna be awesome.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:17 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:33 pm 
Mechagodzilla

You should probably have warmer trays full of industrial solvents to really get the "flavor" of the place, too. The joint wasn't nicknamed Columbus Coated Lungs for nothing.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:41 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:45 am 
Mothra

I used to work for a company that bought the factory after it closed. We would go in and tear the place apart for anything valuable, i.e. copper wire, steel beams, air conditioning units, etc. the guy I worked for has some pictures on his facebook. I told him about this and he said you could use the photos. here's a link, and you might want to contact him cause he probably more photos or info ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:38 am 
Mechagodzilla

I worked on the archives of the union that worked there. Lot of court cases involving sick employees. And a few detailed reports from a narc trying to finger employees for drug use. Those were entertaining, in a Dragnet kind of way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:25 pm 
King Ghidorah

thanks for all the responses / input

did some field recording today...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

HEY

So I finished this piece.

It's up at OSU Urban Arts Space (www.uas.osu.edu) until December 12th.

Sneak Peak of it here - http://johnalsobennett.blogspot.com/200 ... umbus.html

There is a big opening tonight (december 4th) from 5-7 where you can check it out!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:01 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Looks like I'm at work for all the weekday hours, so I'll have to try to make it on Saturday.