[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Cleveland Browns 2009

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cleveland Browns 2009
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:16 pm 
King Ghidorah

Alright here's my thoughts for the Brown's draft...

1. Aaron Curry if he's still there
2. B.J. Raji a versatile defensive lineman who could spell Big Baby, rotate or possibly play DE in the 3-4. The Parcell/Belicheck tree favors DL over any other position
3. Andre Smith the wildcard. Again versatile enough to play in various positions on the OL and could be a surprise center. Sure price is a little steep for a center, but not a tackle that can play anywhere along the line and he's bigger than many centers and guards.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:41 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:05 am 
Godzilla

THE EXCITEMENT BUILDS.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:47 pm 
King Ghidorah

I like the trade with Elam in there. If it weren't for his inclusion, I'd be a little more skeptical. Who looks good at #17?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:52 pm 
Godzilla

Big trade, Jets trade up to get Sanchez and the Brownies get:

#17 pick
#52 pick
defensive end Kenyon Coleman
quarterback Brett Ratliff
defensive back Abram Elam

Bengals on the clock....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:55 pm 
Godzilla

Great trade...

They made an offer for Elam in FA... Jets matched.

in the area of #17

Maualuga
Hakeem Nicks
Matthews
Jenkins

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:58 pm 
Godzilla

We still have Braylon and a QB to trade. Don't know anything about Ratliff, but I imagine they're getting him for a backup.

Crabtree looks like he's dropping.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:09 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:00 pm 
King Ghidorah

Another trade? Is there someone specific they have their eye on that they feel they can keep bumping down for?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:15 am 
Godzilla

Not the sexiest draft so far, but solid picks. Like the Mack pick, like WR picks after loosing J.J. and probably D.S., and Veikune looks like a good DE/OLB in the 3-4.

Also happy with my Bills, who also got a center and lots of big bodies.

Dig Me Out , and .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:43 am 
Godzilla

Last edited by Jawbreaker on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:31 am 
Godzilla

Stats here, BTW:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:27 pm 
Godzilla

Kaluka Maiava, ILB, USC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:05 pm 
King Ghidorah

Think they would have taken Laurinitis If the Rams hadn't grabbed him or were they looking WR all the way?

I was pretty surprised (pleasantly) with the Robiskie pick. Hope he works out better than his pops.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:26 pm 
Godzilla

Dig Me Out , and .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:47 am 
King Ghidorah

Another thing I've been wondering... Did the Jets have their eye on the Browns spot from day one? Did they counter Cleveland's offer for Elam in FA only to use the knowledge that Cleveland wanted him to their advantage on draft day?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:26 pm 
Godzilla

Thomas Jones to the Browns
Braylon Edwards to the Jets

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:06 pm 
King Ghidorah

I like the comments:

"Dear god, at this point they might as well just swap teams."

"Yes makes sense for both teams. Except the Browns."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 pm 
Godzilla

Browns also signed free agent WR and Columbus native, Mike Furrey.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:35 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:19 pm 
Godzilla

Stallworth gets a 24 day jail term for DUI vehicular manslaughter, and dumps a boatload of cash on the family of the deceased.

The NFL Commissioner suspended him indefinitely today. Chris Mortensen on ESPN said he thinks the suspension could be up to 2 years, or the length of his probation I believe.

Brandon Marshall time? Anquan Boldin?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:38 pm 
Jet Jaguar

i read some rumor that had a package involving cribbs going to denver in exchange for marshall. i don't think i could ever boycott the browns, but if we get rid of my man cribbs, i'm gonna wear a black armband (ala gizmo in gremlins 2) for the course of the season.

my guess is they stick with the edwards/robiskie/patton/cribbs pu pu platter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:56 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I'm so tempted to use my moderator privileges to axe that horrible picture up there so that I might be able to look at this thread without a nasty surprise every time I click...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:39 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:41 pm 
Godzilla

Good omen for 2009?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124545488951832919.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next