[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - LIQUID now open (11/09 update: LIQUOD now closed)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: LIQUID now open
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:40 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:53 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:54 pm 
King Ghidorah

perhaps i'm a dick for saying this, but the majority of the gay woman of columbus that i have spent anytime with have been more carharts and fishing boats than pretty drinks and lipstick.

just saying.

where's their bar?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:56 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:03 pm 
Godzilla

well, somewhat true, but then more than a few of my lesbian friends who fit that "profile" also enjoy eye candy. I know this from discussing it with them and/or from enjoying said activity together.

;)

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:12 pm 
Godzilla

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:48 pm 
Godzilla

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:12 pm 
King Ghidorah

I went saturday night after the vile gash set at carabar (there has to be a joke there).

here are somethoughts...

the bar was done up in the typical columbus modern interior design style (I.E. the cheap stuff from design within reach)... the back half is the "dance" room... from the front entrance it kind of looks like a cave, because it is painted black and the rest of the bar has sexy mood lighting. they added an extra bar where the stage used to be, and there is a giant dj booth next to that... the sound system was kind of out of controll, not sure if it was just the pa from little brothers or what, but it was really loud with tons of bass. lots of bass tends to make 150 bmp dance music sound cool in general... the dj was very corny though he played uk pop charts style house/techno most of the night (i was only there from like 1:30-2:30) and at the very end he started playing a weird mix of radio rap/radio rap dance remixes.

the appeal of going to this club instead of any of the straight clubs in town seems like it is pretty high. probably not a good place to pick up women (if your male that is.)..... pretty much all music played in clubs around here is gonna be trash anyway, so its not like you will be lossing anything in that department by going there instead of long street. this way you don't have to deal with bright orange skinned dudes in shitty dress shirts from united colors of bennaton shoulder checking you or attempting to grope the women you are with... but you will have to deal with orange skinned dudes wearing HCO shirts politely lurking in the bathroom.

if they had one night a week/month were they played good music it would be the most fun night out in columbus.... though even with bad music this place is worth checking out...

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:23 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Awesome review. Makes me want to check it out this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:12 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Has anyone eaten at Liquid? What's the best pretty drink? I've been meaning to check it out for ages, but never think of it when brainstorming restaurants.
I think I may have finally gotten over the Little Bros. angst.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:17 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:32 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Ok, I walked right into that one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:39 am 
Godzilla

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

the veggie wrap is decent.

they have three dollar martini nights on thursdays.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:36 pm 
Godzilla

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:58 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i don't think they sell tacos.
but again i really look at the veggie part of the menu.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:24 pm 
Godzilla

LIQUID now closed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:48 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:23 pm 
Mothra

Dougan now booking at the Bristol?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:25 am 
Godzilla

They were doing some work on the building this morning, looks like they're removing the stucco crap down to the brick.

Makes me sick every time I walk past it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:07 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:54 pm 
Mechagodzilla

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club

Post subject: Re: LIQUID now open (11/09 update: LIQUOD now closed)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:56 am 
Mechagodzilla

Dougan is doing a Thursday night series called Listening Hours at Bristol. Starts this week with Chris Burney. First set features Chris and Sam Brown doing Sun songs. Second set features Chris and Courtney Jacobs doing Adult Fiction songs. Dougan interview Thursday in the Alive.